Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mood Board: Guest Bedroom

Our next big room update on the to-do list is our guest bedroom. Our poor guests currently have to sleep on an air mattress while staring at vanilla (like spoiled vanilla, not yummy vanilla) colored walls, with no color or interesting things to look at. I knowww, we are terrible hosts.

Source:  http://www.quickmeme.com/Charles-Barkley

The biggest reason we haven't messed with this room yet is because of expenses. Cash money. We're trying to slowly fill our house without breaking the bank. Our short-term goal is to buy a new king sized mattress for the master, and then move our queen bed into the guest bedroom, so the furniture situation in the guest room is on hold until we can replace our master bedroom furniture. Smell what I'm stepping in? Anyway, I'm already very eager to re-do our guest bedroom and I feel like I owe it to our past and future guests to make this happen soon.

Here's a picture of our current guest bedroom situation. This picture was taken when we first bought the house and we have literally changed nothing since we moved in.

While searching the world wide web for some inspiration, I came across olioboard.com. Have y'all heard of it? I'm not joking when I tell you that it's life changing. I really do not know how I'm going to be a productive human to society now that this gem is in my life. If you're like I was and don't know what the heck Olioboard is, it's an inspiration board where you can create 2D and 3D mood boards. I've seen these things all over pinterest and popular DIY blogs, but always assumed they made them in Photoshop or some other fancy/expensive editing tool. Nope. They probably used Olioboard. I started playing around with it today and came up with my very first Mood board for our guest bedroom. What do you think?
I'm thinking a neutral color on the walls, like a light greige color, and then pops of color with the furniture. I have been very inspired via Pinterest with all the coral and navy pictures popping up lately, so that was my starting point.

 Source:http://www.pinterest.com/pin/19844054583891960/

 Source:http://www.twotwentyone.net/2014/06/guest-bedroom-makeover-details/

 Source:http://www.sasinteriors.net/2014/05/pop-of-color-how-to-paint-a-door/

You can check out my full Pinterest board for our guest bedroom here.

What do you think? 
 

Have a great evening!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment